|Position Title: Operations Assistant|
|Duty Station: Khartoum, Sudan|
|Position Category: Full-time AND Regular|
|Salary Level: 563 USD/5A|
Mercy Corps Europe, formerly known as Mercy Corps Scotland, has been operational in Sudan since 2009 and currently leads humanitarian assistance efforts in conflict-affected South Darfur and South Kordofan States, supporting IDPs, returnees, refugees and host communities. Mercy Corps is also engaged in the South Sudanese refugee response in refugee camps across White Nile State. Mercy Corps’ current areas of programming include food security and livelihoods, WASH, nutrition, peace building and protection.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Operations assistant is responsible for implementing the administration and Logistics functions in MC Europe program and various other administrative functions under the supervisory of the Country Operations Manager. The nominee will ensure that all administration and Logistics policies and procedures are communicated, implemented and monitored, and compliant with legal requirements, and that MC Europe values are upheld. The Operations assistant will ensure that policies and procedures are fair, transparent and promote equal opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Project Goods/Commodities Logistics:
- Oversees all activities associated with the delivery and receipt of goods/commodities from internal or external vendors to planned destinations in office in coordination with staff
- Plan goods delivery to offices or Project sites in accordance to the needs, while minimizing cost and taking into account any other delay effects
- Maintain strict adherence to relevant donor policies and procedures
- Negotiating contracts with any service providers and suppliers
- Complete required and customary documentation for any goods such as waybills, bills of lading, customs declarations etc
- Troubleshoot any problems with the goods/commodities pipeline or delivery schedules from
- Maintain contact with partners (NGO partners and others) to ensure smooth coordination of operations activities
- All other activities to ensure the smooth and consistent delivery of goods and supplies to offices or distributions points.
- Procurement – Participates in all procurement activities to ensure purchasing is done according to the organization procurement policy and completed in a timely manner, including, but not limited to:
- Obtains quotations and pro forma invoices from suppliers and vendors as necessary;
- Prepares Quotation Analysis and submits to the relevant supervisors.
- Completes Goods Received Notes for items received for other offices.
- Maintains current and orderly files of all procurement documents processed through the main office.
- All operations files must be clearly maintained. These files must always be updated, organized, clearly marked, and complete.
- Pipeline prospectus reports for all good/commodities request by program, produced and filed by field office or program.
- Manuals, documentation, receipts, shipping documents, and other critical information such as passwords or programming is to be safely kept
- Copies of goods receiving notes for all procured items purchased in other office And transferred to field office
Field Asset Management
- Maintain the asset records for the office and update a centralized Assets inventory
- Ensure all the items bought that falls under Asset category according to the organization Policies are properly registered on the Asset Register with all the required information
- Maintain a softcopy of the Asset Register for the field office
- Liaise with the field offices on the Assets Management, monitor if the register is properly maintained and it matches with the centralized softcopy.
- Every six months review and physically crosscheck the Asset Register with the assets to ensure the asset tags are available on the assets and update the assets condition – depreciation if applicable.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the Organization.
- Conduct him/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to organization and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by Country Program.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serve as the central focal point for all administrative matters related to the Khartoum office.
- Ensure that the Khartoum office is run in a professional and responsible manner including hosting guests, cleaning, receptionist duties and general contact and liaison with outside agencies.
- Coordinate lease agreements, timely payments of leases and utilities for the office.
- Coordinate stationary and office supplies (electricity, water, garbage fee, office refreshment, etc.)
- Make arrangements for meetings and workshops in coordination with organizers.
- Facilitate travel of field staff to Khartoum and for Khartoum level staff to the field as serve as the primary focal point for all WFP flight bookings.
- Make accommodation arrangements for staff travelling to Khartoum.
- Responsible for all Travel Approvals for field staff travelling to Khartoum, keeping records of all approved Travel Approvals. Create a database of approved travel including the name of staff traveling, date of travel, the purpose of travel, duration/return date, means of travel, etc.
- Conduct herself/himself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to MC Europe and not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve - we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit MC Europe as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
MC Europe team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Supervise office cleaner, trainees, and any temporary help hired
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Country Operations Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Field Operations Officers and Assistants, Country program staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two or more years of progressive Administration and logistics management experience is required.
- BA or equivalent in Administration or relevant field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
Applicants should submit their academic and experience certificates, CVs, and application letter to Federal Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) not later than July 25, 2020.
Copies of applicant’s CV and application letters only should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Seniority Level||BA or equivalent in Administration or relevant field is required|
|Employment Type||full time|