Salary Range: 1109 to 1348 USD based on experience
Grade Level: G0 to G4 based on experience
Supervisor: Area Coordinator – Kordofan
No. of Post: 1
Duty Station: West Kordofan (Muglad Based) as a non-relocatable post
Duration: 12 month ( under various grants)
Closing Date: 04 August 2020
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty. In Sudan, Concern is working in West Darfur, South & West Kordofan states implementing programmes in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Health and Nutrition, WASH sectors while also responding to emergencies that may arise,
The Mission of Concern in Sudan is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without ongoing support from Concern. (For more details please visit www.concern.net)
Concern is looking for ONE full time Area Managerto be based in Al-Muglad - West Kordofan
Duties and responsibilities:
The principal objective of the role of theArea Managerin West Kordofan is to oversee all activities of Concern in the state, including protection and management human and physical resources, at all levels, INGOs and NNGOs. Working with communities and ensuring their participation and ownership of the services delivered.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Closely coordinate with the senior management team based in Khartoum ensuring regular information flows
- Oversee Concern’s programs in West Kordofan State, providing oversight through quick off, mobilization, implementation, and close-down
- Assess progress of implementation of activities against plans on monthly basis, and document corrective measures as and when required.
- Maintain clear overview of the security, political and legal context in the area in coordination and collaboration with the Government Liaising Advisor, based in El Fula and the Security and Emergency Response Coordinator based in Khartoum.
- Represent Concern in forums and meetings at the field level in close coordination with the TAs (WASH, Health and Nutrition, Government Liaising Advisor)
- Frequent visits to projects sites (6 localities) to ensure that activities are carried out according to the Detailed Implementation Plans (DIP) and engaged with coordination bodies in community level.
- Liaise and coordinate with the TAs (WASH and Government Liaising Advisor, Health and Nutrition Advisor, Partnership and Accountability Advisor) on sectoral issues, and manage the carry out quality program implementation in the field sites, based on technical recommendations
- Provide team leaders(Coordinators, Officers) with information, tools and other resources to improve performance and reach objectives.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews.
- Conduct induction and orientation for new team members as necessary.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Contribute to country team building efforts, help team members identify problem solving options and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision making processes.
- Manage project staff and ensure compliance with donor requirements and staff policy.
- Ensure appropriate staffing within the team and recommend changes and improvement if needed within the teams and the area structure.
- Ensure that all team staff understands and are able to perform their roles in humanitarian program through adjusting Job Descriptions in coordination with the Kordofan Program Director
- Manage teams, define expectations, and provide leadership and managerial support for each grant implementation.
- Document performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ work plans.
Operations & Safety and Security
- Provide leadership in overseeing logistics atfield level (including fleet management, procurement, warehouse management) based on compliances and policies
- Ensure adherence to Concern’s policies, procedures, guidelines, systems and standard practices
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for Concern’s staff, beneficiaries and assets by ensuring the local safety and security procedures are up to date and SOPs are followed in line with the Concern policies
- Line manage the field level operation and support teams (finances, logistics, warehousing, HR) and coordinate with departments in Khartoum in particular emphasis on finance management, and procurement
- Manage and control project budgets and ensure that all activities are carried out according to budget plans in line with compliances and regulations.
- Execute field level recruitment processes, in coordination with Khartoum Management Team, and recommend capacity building trainings, promotion of staff as appropriate.
- Manage, mentor and motivate the staff in the field to undertake their roles and responsibilities effectively
- Ensure all staff in the area of operations adheres to the safety and security guidelines
- Support the HR team to implement the HR strategy in the respected area of operation
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven experience in area management, operations, program implementation, and field coordination including humanitarian emergency response management
- Financial, HR and administration management experience with extensive knowledge of budget development/management and finance documentation, tracking and archiving.
- Understanding of HR and administration principles and ethics. Experience with UNCHF, ECHO, and EU funding, donor rules and regulations will be an added advantage.
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment within limited time.
- Creativity, flexibility, strong work ethic is required
- Master’s degree in a relevant Humanitarian/Development fields such as business, marketing, finance, health, nutrition, WASH or related field or Bachelor’s degree in the field of business, marketing, finance or related field with commensurate work experience; technical experience in health, nutrition, WASH, food security and livelihoods, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years professional program implementation experience in fragile working environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and strategic planning skills required;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
|Essential Character||Essential Skills||Preferred competencies:|
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies
To apply: Please, submit a cover letter ,CV detailing your experience, skills and qualifications, a telephone contact number and two professional references to www.Sudanjob.net
Concern is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview. To find out more about Concern Worldwide visit our website at http://www.concern.net
|Seniority Level||Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree|
|Employment Type||full time|