Ministry of Water Resources & Electricity (MoWE)
Eastern Nile Watershed Management Project (ENWMP)
(5) Sudan: Community Watershed Management Project (CWMP)
TF094532 - TF097478
Project ID: P111330
Advertisement for Consultant Services
Terms of Reference for LIU Coordinator (Lower Atbra)
job title: Damar LIU Project Coordinator
Duty Station: Damar City
Closing date: 31/12/2012
Reporting to: National Project Coordinator
The Government of Sudan has received grant tunas funds from the Global environment Facility (GEF) and the
Finland Ministry of Foreign Affairs to support community watershed management interventions in the Atbara, Bau and Dinder sub-watershed in Sudan. The Sudan Community Watershed Management Project
(CWMP) is part of the regional Eastern Nile Watershed Management Project (ENWMP) which is being implemented in selected sub-watersheds in the Eastern Nile Basin. The CWMP has been operational since
2009 and will be closing by December 31, 2014.
The CWMP is on the search for a Coordinator for the remaining period of the Project to coordinate the implementation of the Project within the Atbara sub-watershed area. The Coordinator will head the Atbara Local Implementation Unit (UU). The LTU Coordinator would be responsible for planning, administering and coordinating the activities of the CWM project at the State level and ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with the approved overall Project Implementation Manual (PLM) and in compliance with MB/GEF implementation arrangements and requirements. He/she has the overall responsibility of monitoring, overseeing and guiding the implementation of the different components of the project by the different stakeholders of CWM project at the State level.
Duty Station: Lower Atbara LIU —El Damar.
Specific Terms of Reference
• Ensure that relevant Government and World Bank policies, manuals and guidelines are properly adhered to in the process of project implementation at the locality level.
• Ensure and assist the preparation of Annual Work Plans and budgets (AWPB) including procurement plans by different stakeholders of CWM project at the State level and coordinate and follow-up the implementation thereof.
• Review implementation plan for procurement of goods and services that are eligible to be procured at the locality level including examining bid documents, consultants TORs. procurement procedures and check if Bank’s guidelines and procedures are followed and authorize their implementations accordingly.
• Prepare and submit to the National Project Coordination Unit (NPCU) at Ministry of Water
Resources and Electricity MOWRE the list of goods and services to be procured at the central/NPCU level.
• Prepare TOR for consultants and contract agreements in consultation with relevant bodies in the State and after getting the approval of the National Project Coordinator NPC, select, brief and enter into agreement with consultants and follow-up their work;
• Work closely with the State Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Resources and Irrigation MoAARI, and their respective locality representatives to ensure the proper implementation of the project and the timely financial, physical and impact reporting of the implementation of the project to the NPCU.
Ensure that Local Account (LAs) be opened in a local bank acceptable to ¡DA and facilitate payments to the local suppliers and communities.
• Facilitate for annual audit of the project accounts by external auditors hired by the NPCU.
• Monitor and closely follow-up all short and long term trainings being undertaken from the state/locality and provide any assistance required by the Locality Offices.
• Follow-up the progress achieved in the implementation of the project in the locality with special reference to monitoring indicators.
Liaise with relevant institutions in the State/locality in matters requiring mutual cooperation and coordination of activities.
• Prepare and submit to the NPCLJ financial and physical progress reports of the project in the locality.
• Coordinate and facilitate locality project annual review and send a detailed report to the
Locality Steering Committee and the NPCU at MOWRE for their review and comment on the progress of the project at the State level.
• Prepare and submit to the Locality Project Steering Committee quarterly Program
Implementation Progress Reports which will include summary of activities undertaken as per the AWPB;
• Follow up with agreed upon actions from the November 2012 Mid-Term Review (MTR) and furnish to the NPCU with information describing the status of the implementation of key activities of the project at the locality level.
• Prepare all the necessary information needed and assist in the preparation of Project
Implementation Completion Report (ICR).
Minimum Job Requirements:
The candidate should be a University degree holder in Land Management, Watershed Management, Natural Resources Management. Agriculture or any other related fields.
• For M.Sc. degree holders a minimum of 5 years of experience in implementation of similar projects or initiatives will be required.
• For BSc holders a minimum of 10 years of implementation experience in similar projects or initiatives will be required.
• The candidate should be fluent in written and spoken English.
• He/She should be computer literate.
• Familiarity with the geographical and social aspects of the locality will be an advantage.
The selected LIU Coordinator will report directly to the NPC who will be hisfher immediate supervisor.
His/Her contract will be for a period of one year with a possibility of extension, based on satisfactory review of the first year’s contract.
> Terms of employment: The appointment for the above position is for one year, with six months-probation period, with possibility of extension depending on satisfactory performance.
> Interested Sudanese nationals should submit their applications with CVs in English accompanied with proof
& professional certificates (non-returnable), clearly marked on the top of the envelope “Application for the Damar LIU Project Coordinator position for CWMP. Ministry of Water Resources & Electricity - Eastern
Nile Watershed Management Project - Al Maamora- Block No. 81- House No. 609— 30th Road eastern El
Siteen (BASHIR EL NEFEIDI STREET) - Tele (+249902824196) you can send your application through these
E-mails: (email@example.com) - (firstname.lastname@example.org)
> Applications received after the closing date will not he considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. For more information please visit the site www.MoWE.gov.sd.
comments powered by Disqus