Gross Salary : 943 $
LOCATION : OMDURMAN
CLOSING DATE : 27 JUNE 2022
MSF – Swizerland – Sudan
Médecins sans Frontières is a private international medical emergency organisation. It provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, and does so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
– Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning nursing, midwifery and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action
- Plan and organize all nursing related activities (OPD, SRH, vaccination etc.), its organization design and participates in the definition and update of its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of the healthcare at the standard quality levels.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, roster etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Participates in planning and organizing training for staff as well as good orientation of newly recruited staff into the team.
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- In accordance with medical prescriptions and according to protocols in force, supervise the distribution of drugs and equipment as well as train nursing staff to ensure a rationale use of both.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction of equipment to the Project biomedical service.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Coordinates daily activity to ensure staff leave for the PHCCs on time every morning, also ensuring referral criteria and pathway are followed and well-coordinated.
- Supports MCP activity by participating in inventory, refilling of kits and working closely with his/her supervisor to follow-up pre-expired drugs and supplies.
- Reports to the line manager on any relevant information linked to nursing and midwifery activities and participates in monthly reports and definition of annual planning, budget for the project.
- Participates in planning and overseeing HR processes and team management such as performance evaluation, recruitment and ensuring there is appropriate team size to carry out activities.
|General or specialized nursing diploma (Degree level desired)|
|Essential 2 years of previous experience is required. Experience in supervision, emergency care in hospital setting, PHCCs and having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.|
Mission working language English, (plus Arabic)
Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
Applications must be in English language and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details (candidate’s phone number and a backup phone number)
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- Registration Certificate from Sudan medical council
- Sudanese National ID.