بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources and Physical Development
Higher Council for Environment and Natural Resources (HCENR)
Project Title: National Project Coordinator
Project Title: Multinational: Rural Livelihoods’ Adaptation to Climate Change in the Horn of Africa(RLACC II)
The Higher Council for Environment and Natural Resources (HCENR) has received a grant from GEF/ AFDB to implement a project titled: Multinational Rural Livelihoods’ Adaptation to Climate Change in the Horn of Africa(RLACC II) That covers Somalia and Sudan, targeting rural pastoral and agro- pastoral communities highly vulnerable to climate change and affected by factors such as domestic and regional migration (transhumance practices, displacement due to conflicts or food insecurity). (HCENR) is implementing this project at national level. The duration of the project is four years. The main objective of the project is to improve the resilience of pastoral and agro-pastoral communities to climate change in three States, White Nile State, Gedaref State and Kassala State. The project seeks to achieve this through three components which are (1- improving pastoral and agro-pastoral communities’ adaptive capacity and the resilience of their livelihoods to climate change in target areas, 2- improve the sustainability of pastoral and agro-pastoral livelihoods, 3- Implementation, coordination and Knowledge management and M&E activities) including many activities which will be performed.
HCENR is in the process to recruit the National Project Coordinator (NPC) for the project.
Scope of Work
for the successful execution and implementation of the project. This includes the daily responsibility to manage, coordinate, and supervise the implementation of the project and the delivery of results in accordance with the project document and plans. Furthermore, the NPC will be responsible for financial management and disbursements, with accountability to the government and Africa Development Bank (AfDB). The NPC will report to HCENR Secretary General (SG) and the project steering committee (PSC).
Further responsibilities of the NPC are to:
• Oversee and manage project implementation, monitor work progress, and ensure timely delivery of outputs.
• Report to to the HCENR Secretary General and PSC regarding project progress.
• Develop and facilitate implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and reporting system.
• Ensure timely preparation of detailed Annual work plan (AWPs) and budgets for approval by PSC.
• Assistant he identification selection and recruitment of staff consultants and other experts as required.
• Supervise coordinate and facilitate the work of the administrative/technical team the Admin/Finance assistant transnational and international consultants.
• Control expenditures and assure adequate management of resources.
• Provide a quarterly update of the expenses of the previous three months and the expenses expected for the next three months.
• Establish linkages and networks with the on-going activities of other government and non-government agencies, projects and institutions.
• Provide input management and technical reports and other documents as described in the M&E plan for the overall project Reports should contain detailed Assessments of progress in implementing activates including reasons for delays if any and recommendations on necessary improvements.
• Inform the HCENR Secretary General and PSC, without delay, of any issue or risk which might jeopardize the success of the project.
• Liaise and coordinate with UNEP Task Manager on a regular basis.
• Any other tacks ordered by HCENR Secretary General (SG)
• Master’s degree in environment, natural resources management, agriculture or a closely related field.
• A minimum of 10 years relevant work experience including at least 6yeas experience in project management in relevant sectors.
• Demonstrated solid knowledge of adaptation to climate change.
• Experience in the public participation development process associated with environment and sustainable development is an asset
• Experience in working and collaborating with in governments is an asset as well as experience in GEF projects.
• Excellent knowledge of English in clouding writing and Communication skills working knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
• Ready to work under pressure.
• Women’s are encourage to apply.
During the project implementation phase, the NPC will be a staff member of HCENR and will report to the HCENR SG and PSC. He/she will work closely with the SG to ensure the availability of information on progress and performance regarding the implementation of the project.
How to Apply:
• Applicants should submit application letter together with curriculum vitae (including current address and contact numbers), copies (only) of relevant certificates and be able to provide any supporting documents may be required.
• This job is a full time job, governmental applicants should apply through their General Directors.
• Completed applications and supporting documents should be submitted to:
The office of the secretary General of HCENR
Gama Street – Khartoum P.O Box 10488
Fax: +249183787617 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application 2018/7/25
Only short listed will be contact