well established and reputable company is looking for a high caliber
Candidate to Fill the Job of (Production Manager to be based on the
Location: Sudan - Khartoum
1. Deliver the Production Plan to reach the company targets, and meet the Company Business Plan Results.
2. Owns the production manual, standard operating procedures, machinery catalogues, layouts, information leaflets, etc.., and follow their instructions and guidelines.
3. Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the operations of the production department within company policies and procedures.
4. Maintain the Inventory and storage of raw materials and finished products to match the Production Plan.
a. Inventory Management with specific software.
b. Material balance: control of the quantity of raw material vs. quantity of finished products.
5. Responsible to monitor work in progress on continuous basis and manage the inventory effectively. To review the WIP and inform superior for any shortfalls and plan production process accordingly. To coordinate with Asst. engineers to manager, rectify the shortfalls and initiate corrective action avoid any abnormal shortages.
6. Develop and implement plans to efficiently use materials, labor and equipment to meet production targets and customer satisfaction.
7. Develop Production Planning Systems (tracking key factor results vs. projections submitted to planning):
a. Actual line speed vs. forecasted line speed.
b. Actual efficiency vs. forecasted efficiency.
c. Scheduled and unscheduled downtime.
d. Actual tons produced vs. forecasted commitment.
8. Adheres to product specification requirements throughout the manufacturing process to maintain the desired product quality results.
9. Maintains adequate knowledge of products and equipment to ensure the ability to direct employees to perform the job properly.
10. Responsible to minimize the process losses in all areas. Responsible to ensure that all required tests for raw material, In-progress material have been effectively carried out, in coordination with Quality control, before using the raw material for production.
11. Reporting any abnormality w.r.t machinery or utility and coordinate with superior for timely completion of tasks.
12. Prioritize, implement, assess, and renew performance of the plant KPI’s, such as:
c. Plant Overall Equipment Efficiency “OEE”.
d. Maintenance (TPM).
13. Develop equipment maintenance schedules and recommend the replacement of machines whenever required.
14. Maintains safety/environmental self-audits and visual checks, champions all safety or ergonomic activities for the department and helps to develop and meet plant safety goals. Develop team and individual skills by:
a. Developing a communication system to keep the team informed about their results and to gain their commitment.
b. Dedicate sufficient quality time to monitor what is happening on the floor. The presence of the Production Manager on the floor must add value to the work of his people, through the formal identification of defects, confrontation of unsafe behaviors, reinforcement of Positive actions, etc. Production Manager has to add value in a formal and structured way.
c. Organize and monitor the production shifts with the assistance of the supervisors.
d. Conduct employee performance review.
15. Maximize the total contribution of all individuals in the organization by:
a. Utilizing the hiring process to hire the candidates with the greatest probability of success.
b. Matching the assignment of work with individual capabilities.
c. Development, coaching and training of the production team with the participation of experts on specific topics.
16. Health, Safety & Environment management (HSE):
a. Develop procedures and devices pro-active /corrective measures to prevent accidents and ensures the compliance accordingly.
b. Maintains an updated statistical record of all inspections, audits and HSE performances at Production Site.
c. Performs audits and amends HSE procedures and ensures that these are implemented.
d. Develops and implements policies, guidelines and work instructions for efficient working of the HSE Department.
e. Owns Company’s policies on quality, HSE and guiding principles and ensures their implementation.
f. Ensures tasks are completed in accordance with HACCP and ISO regulations; taking corrective action when necessary.
g. Maintain hygiene and cleanliness of plant and premises.
a. Follow up of the budget and business plan for the production department.
b. Send the online requests for raw material to the Finance Manager and the GM.
c. Preparation of the weekly and monthly reports to the GM, Finance Manager, and the Business Controller for the preparation of the dashboards to present to the top management.
18. Other Duties:
a) Walks the production floor daily and holds monthly line meetings to address questions and concerns.
b) Maintain or exceed goals on yields and efficiencies.
c) Works with the Shift Engineers and the Supervisors to maintain knowledge of yields and variances, methods of calculations, typical problem areas and methods for corrections and improvement.
d) Suggests changes in work flow processes and use of equipment to increase efficiency of the department and/or production crew to maintain the lowest level of downtime and product costs possible.
e) Traces and analyzes key product result measures for improvement opportunities.
§ Organizational Capability development.
§ Safety, Environment & Quality compliance.
§ Manufacturing costs.
§ Machines Efficiencies (OEE).
§ Best practices System implementation.
§ Plant Appearance.
§ Internal and External Communication.
§ Accountable for meeting the Business Plan (BP) demand to meet the company results.
§ Accountable to keep good collaboration across all the functions (Sales. Finance, Marketing. HR).
§ Pro-actively assess the volume demand trend and future capacity requirements.
§ Accountable for securing the availability of PM&RM and the Finish product.
§ Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
§ Minimum ten years practical manufacturing experience (the latest five years in similar position Preferably in food processing experience, supervisory experience, manufacturing knowledge and understanding of yields, plant efficiencies, and operations procedures).
§ Knowledge of spreadsheet, word and order processing, and inventory software.
§ Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
§ Able to lead problem solving and troubleshooting efforts associated with high-level process issues.
§ Strong problem solving, math, and analytical skills.
§ Ability motivate, train and coach employees to encourage optimum performance and engagement.
§ Good planning and priority setting skills.
§ Ability to work in varying production environments.
§ May be required to work long hours and weekends.
§ Supervisory Responsibilities.
§ Provides leadership and guidance to employees on the Production Floor.
§ Ability to live in a remote area
Please send your updated resume to
· Mentioning the job title in the email subject.
---Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. ---