Title: National Project Coordinator
Duration: 1 Year (Possible Extension)
Contract Type/ Level: National Project Personnel Service Contract – SB/4
No. of Post: 1
Duty Station: Khartoum (Sudan) With Travels if Requested
Deadline for Application: 2018/11/17
The Greater Stability in Eastern Sudan through better and more informed decision- making in Food security is a Four-year partnership between the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the European Union that geared towards assisting and supporting the efforts of the Sudan’s Government in establishing a conducive institutional set up for food security decision-making supported by a relevant, effective, and sustainable food security information system in selected states. The project aims to strengthen the capacity of government line ministries at Federal level as well as in Red Sea, Kassala, Gedaref, white Nile, Sinnar and Blue Nile states in food security policy coordination, strategic planning and decision- making. The ultimate goal to make food security decisions more inclusive, better integrated, well informed, implemented and monitored by the respective institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and under the direct supervision of the Technical Advisor, the National Project Coordinator of the EU funded project Greater Stability in Eastern Sudan through better and more informed Decision-Making in Food Security will:
- Support the TA in the overall management of the project and the management of national human resources including organization and execution of daily works and activates.
- Support the daily implementation of the project and the introduction of amendments to the operational procedures of the project.
- Participate in project baseline and impact assessment surveys and evaluation.
- Ensure effective liaison with local and national authorities, key partners and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Support the development of relevant documentation.
- Support the preparation of technical and training materials needed for implementation of the project.
- Support the preparation of project reports and briefs and review.
- Assisting in assembling and submitting proposals to donors.
- Support negotiating agreements and plans of operation with project-sponsoring bodies and recipient governments.
- Prepare monthly reports of her/his activities under the project and outputs of the same. S/he will submit the report to the budget holder via an e-mail for review and certification.
Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications Requirement:
Applications are normally not considered from candidates who do not possess All of the Essential Qualifications
Advanced university degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Economics or related field in analysis of Food Security policies and programmes and related impact;
Ten years of relevant experience in evidence based analysis and motoring of food security reposes and policies as well as early warning systems design, support to capacity building in food security analysis and Programme management including preparation of multi-annual work plans, budgets, progress monitoring and evaluation
Working knowledge of English
Candidates will be assessed against the following:
- Extent and depth of knowledge and experience in designing and conducting relevant evidence based policy analyses and food security analysis, as well as early warning system design, including provision of advice to governments with weak policy environment.
- Relevance of experience in monitoring work, in support to capacity building in food security analysis and programme management.
- Demonstrated capacity to support, advise and guide institutional building processes.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with multiple UN, NGO, governmental and media agencies
- Breadth of management experience and demonstrated ability to manage multi – disciplinary teams
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and report on work
- Skills in recruitment of staff, knowledge of the preparation of multi- year plans and budgets and meetings
- Extent of working experience in Africa, and familiarity with region
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English.
Download FAO Personal History Form from:www.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Employment/docs/Personal_History_Form.doc
Submit the completed FAO Personal History form and copies of supporting documents in a sealed envelope dearly indicating the vacancy number and the duty station to:
FAO Representation Office
Attention Human Resources Unit
Osman Digna Street (near the Constitutional Court)
send your application by email to: SD-Recruitment@fao.org (Attachments are not to exceed
Applicant should clearly. Quote the vacancy Nuremberg and the duty station in the subject title
This vacancy is open to Sudanese national male and female candidates Applications from qualified women candidates are encouraged.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT