ARC is currently seeking applications for the following professional opening:
Title of Post: Protection Technical Coordinator
Location: Eldaein, East Darfur
Gross Monthly Salary: USD 1,300 - 1500
Closing Date: 2019/1/20
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
· Provide strategic direction and vision to protection programming in Sudan by leading the development Of a protection strategy for Sudan in close collaboration with Sudan country program teams, HQ Protection/GBV Technical Advisor and other staff.
· Develop a protection framework and approaches to guide protection mainstreaming in Sudan and ensure protection mainstreaming is carried out in all projects and programs in compliance with IASC standards and guidelines, SPHERE protection standards and other acceptable standards.
· Strengthen the operationalization of specific protection standard operating procedures (SOPs) by ARC program teams in Sudan.
· Work in close collaboration with the HQ Protection Technical Advisor, Senior Health and Nutrition Coordinators, Senior WASH Coordinators and other colleagues to ensure all programs incorporate protection.
· Meaningfully engage local leaders and community members, particularly women and girls to ensure protection risks and needs are addressed in all aspects of program design, implementation and monitoring.
· In collaboration with MEAL team, monitor ARC program implementation by sectors for protection compliance and work with sector teams to address identified protection compliance issues especially in emergency responses.
· Provide guidance to ARC teams in efforts to promote client centred case management and psychosocial support services in line with WHO protocols and other international standards.
· Promote community based protection mechanism especially on child protection and other at risk groups.
· Identify and pursue opportunities for program development in protection programming.
Protection coordination and reporting
· Participate in cross-departmental collaboration and coordination to ensure that linkages between programs are made and programs incorporate from protection good practices.
Produce and or review
project proposals, reports and other documents and ensure protection issues are
addressed in the documents,
· Provide technical support, guidance, coaching and mentoring of staff across sectors in carrying out protection programming including protection risk assessments for running projects, programs and during proposal development and applying protection mitigation measures in all projects and programs.
· Facilitate protection capacity building in collaboration with HQ Protection Technical Advisor for ARC teams, local partners and communities related to protection programming.
· Promote the understanding of ARC's Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) policies, reporting and mechanisms among all staff.
Representation and coordination
Participate in the
protection coordination networks with other NGOs, UN agencies and other
stakeholders and maintain strong working relationship with all stakeholders.
Represent ARC in meetings
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
· Bachelor's degree in Law, Human Rights, Social Sciences or related field. Master's degree in a related field preferred.
· Minimum of'5 years experience implementing protection programming including experience in emergency or post- conflict project management, preferably with INGOs
· Prior experience in protection monitoring, protection assessments, reporting and project development,
Thorough awareness and
knowledge of the Sudan context and protection challenges faced by IDPs, returnees
refugees and host communities in Sudan.
Strong knowledge in Child Protections and related best practices and tools, including IASC Protection Guidelines, related SOPs, knowledge of Minimum Standards 'for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action, Caring for Survivors0Norking with Survivors Training Tools, etc..
· Demonstrated experience using international standards in protection programming.
· Experience in capacity building and training.
Strong analytical thinking
and writing experience
Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with teams at a distance
· Must be fluent in English including writing, Knowledge of Arabic a plus
· Not older than 55 years' old
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES
· Commitment to the goals and values of ARC
· Ability to work independently as well as a strong team player
· Ability to work remotely in coordinating and managing protection activities in multiple sites
· Ability to work effectively in a stressful environment
· Ability to work well as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team and demonstrate good interpersonal relations.
· Ability to interact with people at all levels, individually and/or in groups and demonstrate good communication skills
· Knowledge of and experience in working with and coordinating with international and national partner organizations
· Ability to incorporate and be open to constructive feedback
· Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines, effectively managing multiple priorities
· Cultural and gender sensitivity is essential
Excellent interpersonal and
communication skills, flexibility, ability to improvise
All interested candidates are requested to submit their application letters, updated CV, educational qualifications certificates, training, experience certificates and birth certificates/ national ID document, to the HACI Labour Khartoum, no later than the above mentioned date Only short - listed candidates will be contact for the interview.