Job Position: Field Finance Manager
Location: Based in South Kordofan State
Position Status: Full-time-Regular
salary Level Grade: (3-6) USD 1396
Current Team Member: Vacant
About Mercy Corps
The Mercy Corps Europe Finance Department is responsible for
all financial functions in Khartoum, including accounting, payments and
banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial
management and compliance, The Mercy Corps Europe Finance Department ensures
compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps' Europe internal
policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Programs and other
Departments, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to
all departments, senior management and HQ to ensure that financial resources
are used efficiently and effectively.
General Position Summary
Working in the Finance Department under the direct
supervision of Country Finance Manager, Feld Finance Manager is responsible for
all through South Kordofan office financial transactions, compliance, budget
monitoring, reporting, resources management, coordination with others, etc.
He/she is responsible for review of all SKS based transactions, audit,
supervising and coaching all SKS based finance officers and finance assistant,
prepare and monitor cash projections and cash management, updating and tracking
all assets and finance files. He/she is responsible to make sure that all AAM,
segregation of duties and policies and procedures are respected as per the FFM,
procurement manual, assets management and other manuals/policies and
Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Review Purchase Request, Expense Reports and Advances per the AAM, Provide financial reviews and review finance officers and assistants work.
2. Review Quotation Analysis, Purchase Order & Service Contacts per the AAM code all expenditures following the standard chart of accounts, coded budget and enter or review to the accounting software,
3- Ensure/match invoices/receipts, completion reports with GRN and other required documents.
4- Review cash transactions in FC vs. hard copies, make correction, sign on test print and submit to Khartoum office for posting Make sure surprise, weekly and monthly cash counts are being made and documented for Kampala office as per the current MC policy.
5- Enter/Review bank transactions into FC and submit to KRT
for review and post ,Make sure all income taxes, withholding taxes, VAT and
other taxes are withheld and paid accordingly.
6- Submit final supportive documents and FC vouchers to KRT office SFO/AFM weekly.
7- Follow up contacts, vendors' payments and records,
8- Participate in Annual inventory & reconcile with stock records and navigator
9- Submit approved Cash Flow projections to Khartoum office
10- Perform weekly cash count.
11- Do manual respective field bank accounts reconciliation Do periodic review of systems and polices and make recommendation for policy and systems change.
12- Submit month end reporting packages to Khartoum office every month
13- Submit approved Field Cash Transfer Requests up to twice in a month.
14. Field level employees' taxes payment if there is any All
South Kordofan Finance Officers and Assistants
Reports Directly To: Country Finance Manager
Works Directly With: Assistant Finance Manager, DCD,
DOP, all finance team/Staff, Program staff, operations, logistics and Human
Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor degree or equivalent certificate in accounting or finance is required.
· 5 years' experience in grants and financial management and accounting and 2 year's supervisory experience.
· Strong management Skills, Technical & Supervisory Skills and experience required.
· Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
· Adequate understanding of donor rules and regulations is required.
· International NGOIPVO experience required.
· Demonstrated experience and skill with financial reports preparation and presentation and proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
· Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
· Excellent oral and written English skills
Willing to travel regularly
to Mercy Corps and sub grantees field offices and project sites approximately 25%.
An ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful financial information is essential. A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary. An impeccable professional standard of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential.
Applicants should submit their academic and experience certificates, CVs and national number to the labor office at Federal HAC no later than 2019/1/20 Copies of applicants CVs and application letters only should be sent by email to: