Job Title: Assistant Finance Officer
Location: South Kordofan State
Position Status: Full-time-Regular
Salary Level: (Grade- 5-A) USD 535
Current Team Member: Vacant
Program/ Department Summary:
The Mercy Corps Europe Finance Department is responsible for
all financial functions in Khartoum, including accounting, payments and
banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial
management and compliance. The Mercy Corps Europe Finance Department ensures
compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps' Europe internal
policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Programs and other
Departments, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to
all departments, senior management and HQ to ensure that financial resources
are used efficiently and effectively.
General Position Summary
Working in the Finance Department under the direct
supervision of Assistant Finance Manager, the Senior Finance Officer is
responsible for all through Khartoum office financial transactions, compliance,
budget monitoring, reporting, resources management, coordination with others,
etc. He/she is responsible for review of all Khartoum based transactions,
audit, supervising and coaching all Khartoum based finance officers and finance
assistant, prepare and monitor cash projections and cash management, updating
and tracking all assets and finance files. He/she is responsible to make sure
that all AM, segregation of duties and policies and procedures are respected as
per the FFM, procurement manual, assets management and other manuals/policies
Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Follow all Mercy Corps policies, procedures, grant compliance and documentation requirements.
2. Make sure all Mercy Corps FFM, procurement, assets Management HR policies and procedures are implemented.
3. Keep off ice safe, safe keys, cash and other assets in a secure and protected place.
4. Keep record of all cash, bank and advances on excel worksheet, update every day and reconcile daily.
5. Do cash counts weekly and whenever needed with Finance Officer, HOO, Field Finance Manager, auditors directed by the supervisor.
6. Print all payment vouchers and match with the documents and file.
7. Pay or receive authorized cash or bank payments and receipts.
8. Make sure all required documents are attached; calculations are correct, appropriate approvals and reviews made per the AAM before payment of any cash or bank payments.
9. Enter transactions to the accounting software under the supervision of the Field Finance Manager whenever required.
10. Code ail expenditures following the standard chart of accounts, coded budget and record to the accounting software or recording system daily and ensure weekly review and posting.
11. Match invoices/receipts with payment vouchers, GRN and other required documents.
12. Prepare cash, bank and advances reconciliations and submit for review/approval every week and monthly.
13. Make sure all income taxes, withholding taxes, VAT and other taxes are withheld and paid accordingly.
14. Keep all finance documents and reports are properly filed, labeled and stored in a clear and easily accessible manner following FFM.
15. Be adaptable and flexible to take new tasks and new assignments as requested from time to time.
16. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
17. Assist other finance functions and offices when ever need arises.
18. Any other tasks to be assigned by the supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Reports Directly To: Finance Officer
Works Directly With: Finance manager, senior finance
officer, finance staff, program staff, operations, logistics and HR department.
Knowledge and Experience
· Diploma or advanced certificate or equivalent in accounting or finance is required.
· 2 years' experience in cashier, finance assistant and accounting.
· International NGO/PVO experience is preferred.
· Accounting skills and experience in general ledger, journal entries, payroll, cash/bank mgt.
· Computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
· Excellent oral and written English skills.
Willing to travel to Mercy
Corps offices and take temporary assignments.
An ability to support programmatic objectives with timely
and meaningful financial information is essential. A demonstrated ability to
multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing
program activities is necessary. An impeccable professional standard of finance
and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce
compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential.
Applicants should submit their academic and experience
certificates, CVs and national number to the labor office at Federal HAC no
later than 2019/1/20 Copies of applicants CVs and application letters only
should be sent by email to: