CAFOD is an Equal opportunities employer, Recruitment and Selection procedures reflect our Commitment to Child Protection – CAFOD’s Mission is to promote Human Development and Social Justice
Job Title: Programme Officer WASH – (WASH Engineer).
Job Purpose: To oversee the technical assessment, specifications and requirements for the construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of water and sanitation facilities. The incumbent will work closely with CAFOD WASH accompanier and Officer in supporting partner’s staff to deliver WASH work to the highest and agreed sector standards.
Accountability: this role reports to CAFOD Sudan Programme Manager based in Khartoum.
Salary: grade 6.A.1 -14,268 SDG per month paid in USD – plus other attractive benefits.
Contract: A 1 year contract.
Location: Based in Kosti – White Nile State with extensive travel to other Sudan States.
Start Date: March 2019
Programme management and development in line with the direction set by
- Develop and manage CAFOD- supported programmes, contributing to the development and review of CAFOD’s country strategy and programme frameworks.
- Jointly responsible with partners for the effective implementation, monitoring, evaluation (including facilitating external evaluations) and reporting on programmes, in line with jointly agreed standards.
Managing effective relationships with partners
- Develop, nature and manage relationships with CAFOD’s partner organizations in line with the principles and standards set in our partnership policy, guidance and tools, and in agreement with the country Representative or Programme Manager.
- Work with partners to regularly assess the quality of the relationship, ensuring that effective communication channels are in place, and that any shortcomings are addressed.
Internal and external representation
- In co-ordination with the Country Representative and/or Programme Manager develop, nurture and sustain relationships and effective communications with relevant stakeholders, including local government, national networks and other agencies working addressing WASH needs in the country This will include other Caritas/ CIDSE agencies.
- Represent CAFOD during WASH sector meeting and provide feedback and updates to the Programme Manager
Financial management and monitoring of programmes and projects
- In close co-operation with the relevant roles in the finance and funding teams, prepare, manage and monitor budgets relating to both CAFOD and partner-led expenditure, as agreed with the Programme Manager or Country Representative.
- Deliver the programme within agreed budgets or instigate budget revisions according to evolving needs, in line with CAFOD’s finance guidelines and procedures.
System and compliance
- Effectively use CAFOD’s programme management information system to ensure programme and project information is up-to-date. This will include producing management information to support decision making.
- Ensure compliance with agreements, regulations and requirements attached to our work.
Thematic focus: WASH
- Strengthen partners’ capacity to monitor the construction of WASH infrastructure.
- Jointly develop with the partner a work plan for the monitoring of the work being done by contractors.
Essential Job Specific Requirements:
· Understanding and first-hand experience of institutional funding work/ projects, trends and donor conditions.
· Experience using programme cycle management tools effectively to deliver work within an agreed programme framework.
· Able and committed to working with and developing the capacity of local partners organizations/ National NGO.
· Financial management understanding and experience.
· Ability and willingness to travel (approximately 12 weeks per year), sometimes at short notice and to areas of potential risk
· Languages Fluency in written and spoken English
· Thematic experience in WASH and especially WASH infrastructure Construction.
· Capacity to supervise contractors.
· First-hand work experience with a values-based partnership approach (between northern and southern organizations and communities).
· Previous work experience in similar position with INGOs will be preferable
· Hold at least a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
· At least 5 years’ experience in WASH programs and other engineering related works.
· Ability to use engineering drawing and design software’s (ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Epanet …etc.).
Interested candidates should submit a complete application to HAC Labour office Gamhuria Street, not later than 2019/2/7
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.