(WHH, also known as German Agro Action or GAA) is a nongovernmental Organization working in
the field of Humanitarian Aid in Sudan and has been implementing several
projects since 1982. GAA is currently seeking a qualified and motivated
candidate for (Human Resources and Admin Officer) post.
Objectives of the
The objective of the
Senior Human Resources and Admin Officer (SHR/A Officer)is to manage Human
Resources efficiently for the WHH Sudan country programme, mainly focused on
national staff in the Khartoum office. Additional support for the field
offices may be assigned, including occasional engagement with HAC.
The duties of this
position must be fulfilled according to the framework of the country, as well
as national legal guidelines. The SHR/A Officer reports to the Head of
management and development:
- Management of personnel administration of the
Khartoum office, including collection of timesheets, calculation of DSA,
per diem and overtime for staff members, and preparation of monthly
payroll in coordination with Finance.Also responsible for the preparation
of contracts, termination letters, extension letters, and other related
- Supporting managers in the recruitment for new
positions, including the coordination of induction of new employees in
the country and project offices. Similarly, provide support to
managers as needed for staff discipline and/or termination.
- Ensuring compliance with Sudanese law, WHH and donor
policy for all HR issues, including but not limited to recruitment,
benefits, termination, documentation and record keeping (physical and
electronic) for HR, including staff employment files, recruitment files,
timesheets and payroll, and social insurance & tax payments.
- Uphold WHH Code of Conduct, and ensure that all staff
have received adequate instruction or guidance in this area.
- Maintain and update staff database, contact list,
constant companion, and organigram as needed.
- Management of compensation and benefits issues.
Conduct necessary market assessments to ensure the competitiveness of
WHH salaries and benefits.
- Oversee the staff attendance book and ensure that
attendance sheets are signed by employees.
- Manage relationship with HR vendors such as insurance
providers, trainers or consultants, etc.
- Ensuring the alignment and quality of HR functions
and systems in field offices. Act as HR lead for all field office
HR officers to ensure compliance with WHH, donor, and Sudanese
- Regularly update WHH Sudan HR manual, and ensure all
staff receive training on it. Provide information to all staff, as
requested, to explain benefits or HR procedures.
- Check contracts (legal aspects, classification,
remuneration) and ensure that contracts correspond to WHH rules and
- Supporting managers and staff to ensure a timely and
productive Employee Dialogue process takes place on a regular
- Participate in development of accountability and feedback
- Coordination and support for staff training and
development. Maintain folders on O365 specifically focused on
professional development resources.
- Engage HAC for all HR needs, including recruitment of
national staff or consultants.
- Maintain regular contact with the Sudan Labour Office
to ensure that WHH is updated on any changes to labour policy and
remains in compliance with Sudan requirements.
- Arrange accommodation for all visiting national and
international staff coming to Khartoum. Provide additional support
for travel from Khartoum to field offices.
- Overall office management such as maintaining records
of correspondence, ensuring good condition for all office facilities,
and welcoming visitors.
- In consultation with the Country Director,
responsible for maintaining government registration and related legal
status issues for WHH in Sudan.
- Advises CD on legal issues as they arise.
- Representation to external entities as needed.
- Coordination with diverse service providers.
- Coordination of the preparation of meetings,
workshops, events etc.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by
attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Proactively communicates risks and potential
challenges to appropriate management and team members.
- Fulfillment of any other tasks assigned by the
Country Director which correspond in general with the functions of this
Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Key skills for
Senior HR/Admin Officer
- Good team player with strong team-building
skills: She or he wants to help make the office a great place to
be, and wants to help everyone in the office to do their best at work
and in life. He or she likes all kinds of people.
- Empathic and listening skills: He or she cares
about people and knows how to listen to them.
- Communication skills: She or he knows how to
write formal letters, how to use e-mail for work-related matters, and
how to explain to staff and management issues related to administrative
processes, benefits, and everything related to HR and admin.
- Negotiation skills. He or she knows how to
advocate for an idea, and knows how to compromise when necessary.
- Organizational skills: He or she knows how to
stay organized, how to keep records, and how to manage multiple tasks at
the same time.
- Decision-making skills: She or he knows how to
make a decision within his/her level of authority.
- Training skills: She or he understands the
importance of training to improve people’s work performance, and knows
how to train other people on a topic.
- Budgeting skills: He or she knows how to read a
budget and how to manage expenses within the limits of a budget.
Ideally, he or she is able to create a budget.
- Prior experience in HR or office management (minimum
5 years), or a combination of NGO or UN project management and business
background with relevant experience. NGO experience is strongly
preferred but is not necessary.
- Familiarity with Sudan Labour Law and government
relations is strongly preferred.
- University Degree in relevant field.
- Certificate in Human Resource Management is strongly
- Very Good oral and written communication and
presentation skills in English and Arabic.
- Sound practical knowledge of databases Microsoft
Word, Excel, Outlook and other Microsoft office applications.
- Sudan nationals only. Please note that all
candidates should be capable of working with people of different
national and cultural backgrounds.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
candidates shall submit their applications (including email address, current
residential address, and working telephone numbers) with copies of relevant
certificates and a covering letter in a sealed envelope marked
(Welthungerhilfe – Sr HR/A Officer) to Welthungerhilfe, Street
25, Block 12HE, House 08
Al Amarat New
candidates will be contacted.