CARE is an organization driven by its mission to overcome poverty and social injustice. CARE International Switzerland (CIS) in Sudan is part of CARE International, whose vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. We are known everywhere for our unshakable commitment to the dignity of people. CIS and partners contribute to the empowerment of the most marginalized and vulnerable rural women and girls to exercise their rights.
Procurement Officer – Based in Khartoum with moderate travel to CIS Sub Offices
Monthly Gross Salary Range: 834.65 - 1,210.71 USD
Post Type: National Position
Grade Level: D
Closing Date: 2020/2/20
The Procurement Officer (PO) is responsible for implementing Care procurement policy and donors requirements. S/he is responsible for procurement activities to ensure cost-efficiency, promptness, acceptable quality and integrity of policies and procedures. Also, ensure prompt and efficient dispatch of procured items to various locations in country office and especially Khartoum office with traveling in fields offices when required.
The PO supervises day-to-day Procurement activities of Khartoum -Office. S/he provides Procurement support to program and program-support staffs which includes, procurement transactions, vendor related awareness and data information for registration and ensure applicable requirement are in place and documentation as requested.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Ensure that the procurement policy is in place, and accessible for others in other field Offices and updated whenever needed.
· Ensure that donor policies and requirements for procurement, if available, are in place for each donor.
· Ensure all procurement activities are compliant with donor and CIS policies and regulations.
· Work closely with the Head of Program & Operation, Program Manager and technically CO operation Director to ensure the availability of all procurement policies and procedures.
· Work closely with the PM & HOPO to ensure donor specific guidelines are followed and implemented in procurement
· Ensure the All Vender list is documented and all the procedures are followed.
· Assist in the preparation and dissemination of documents and information on procurement as per needs of Field-office.
· Ensure that all purchase requests are timely processed and materials are procured as per procurement policy and distributed in an appropriate and timely manner.
· Ensure that the necessary filing and inventory systems are well organized.
· Ensure day-to-day procurement support as necessary.
· Compile and prepare quarterly purchase request.
· Ensure procurement policies were followed and all the documents were prepared accordingly.
· Monitor the vendor’s performance and maintain reporting tools on vendor’s performance on quarterly basis.
· Ensure policies are followed for hiring of local consultant, in South Darfur field offices.
· Ensure proper filing of all PRs, POs and purchase related documents.
· Compile all procurement plans received from departments/projects/field offices.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
· BSc in , Administration, Economics or Accounting or relevant field.
· Two years experience along with the qualification certificate., preferably with international organization.
· Proactive in Problem solving.
· Highly organized, close attention to detail, and ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a fluid environment.
· Excellent communication skills in both Arabic and English (written, spoken).
· Computer skills and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. are essential.
· Team-working skills; ability to communicate effectively in internal and external settings and provide leadership in team efforts.
· Demonstrable ability to work, communicate and build effective relations remotely.
· Be able to communicate effectively across CARE Sudan’s management structures.
· Ability to work with people of various cultures.
· Strong in networking, representation and building relations.
Interested candidates who fulfill the above requirements are requested to drop the CVs with cover letter, supporting documents (any educational certificate from outside Sudan must be certified by Ministry of Higher Education) and names, addresses and contacts of three professional non-relative referees (one of the referee being a former or current supervisor) at: HAC Labour Office , Gamhoria St., Khartoum -and to : SDNrecruitment@care.org on or before 2020/2/20
Note: Any persuasion will disqualify the candidates. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for the interview. Please write the position applied for at the top right hand corner of the envelope.
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women to apply.