Job Title: Programme policy Officer NOA
Starting Date 2017/3/1
Closing Date 2017/3/14
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger
Worldwide the mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes every day. WFP
Works Worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable
Particularly women and children can access the nutritious food they need
In emergfl8 WFP gets food to where it is needed saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disaster after an emergency WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives.
On average WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 75 Countries each year.
The organization has the global footprint deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting Solution especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
WFP’S greatest strength is its 14,000 dedicated people working tirelessly around the world to reduce hunger often under difficult conditions where Security threats and risks to personal safety are Considerable the global Conte, in Which WFP operates is rapidly changing which means the need for effective people management is becoming more important than ever before. In this context WFP launched its People Strategy in November, 2014. It articulates key strategic focus to build an engaged
Workforce with the right skills, in the right roles enabling WFP to continue fulfilling its humanitarian
Response role while simultaneously building its capabilities to address the long-term goals of Zero
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Experian in using Computer Software including MS office Package
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all -inclusive)
• Support the development of monitoring plans for all CETA Field offices (FOs) and flow Up with the various FOs to ensure plans are adhered to;
• Provide technical feedback on monitoring tools and guidance to FOs as appropriate.
• Consolidates budgetary requirements for all FOs for monitoring activities;
• Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to Programme interventions as required
• Responsible for data management for CETA FOs through COMET;
• Compile & extract monthly distribution data and produce monthly rep3 Indicating achievement by activity
• Assist in preparation of operational/implementation plans for the Area Office;
• Be focal point for third party monitoring companies ensuring reports are received in time in the requested format
• Train national and partner Starr In appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques to build capacity of staff, increase awareness on the importance of monitoring and evaluation an encourage accountability for demonstrating results;
• Follow-up on monitoring and evaluation finding3 to ensure that corrective active actions are taken and/or adjustments are made to programme responses as required.
• Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to strengthen the quality and consistency of monitoring , and evaluation activities in the field;
• Provide monitoring and evaluation findings and recommendations to Support performance Planning and risk analysis emergency preparedness security risk management, and risk mitigation activities;
• Lead quarterly reviews for CETA performance based on quantitative analysis of outcome monitoring data and qualitative analysis
• Any other duties as required
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives
• Be a force for positive change. Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and mineral/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries new requirements of partners)
• Make the mission inspiring to Our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’S mission
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment WFP’s overall operations and is able to communicate this link to others
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to Increase self-awareness and include these in conversations on Own development needs.
• Create an inclusive Culture. Participates in open dialogue and values the diverse opinion of other regardless of background culture experience , or Country assignment
• Be a conch & provide Constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching, to build Confidence and develop and improve individual skills.
• Create an “I will “/”we will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of Performance
• Encourage innovation & creative Solutions. Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own, Work
• Focus on getting results consistently delivers results Within individual scope of work on time, on budget and Without errors
• Make commitments and make good on commitments. Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of over- changing country or functional priorities
• Be Decisive. Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction
• Conned and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles
• Build Strong external, Partnerships Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners
• Be politically agile & adaptable. Portrays an informed and Professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to Partnerships. Provides operational support on analyses and assessment that quantifies and demonstrates WFp’5 unique value as a Partner.
Functional skill, competencies & Behavioral capabilities expected
• Good analytical skill resourcefulness initiative maturity of judgment tact negotiating skills ability to Communicate Clearly both orally and in writing•
• Ability to work in a team and establish effective Working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to cope with Situations Which may threaten health or safety flexibility In accepting work assignments outside normal desk description Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts and staff within the office host Populations donors NGOs and other UN agencies
• Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor Own Plan and those Under his/her Supervision and
• Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and Cultural back rounds.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advance, Univejp1 degree in International Affairs Economics Nutrition/Health Agriculture
Environmental, Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language intermediate knowledge
(Level B) of a second official UN language. Arab Chinese French Russian Spanish and/or WFP’s Working language Portuguese
National Profesj051. Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language if different
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
General knowledge of UN System related policies, rules, regulations and procedures Knowledge on WFP COMET system is an asset
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This vacancy is open to quailed Sudanese Nationals Only.
WFP is the United Nations frontline agency in the fight against global’ hunger in the pursuit of WFP’s mission to feed the hungry Poor, WFP employs must uphold the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct at all times WFP has zero tolerance for fraud & corruption sexual exploitation and discrimination
DEADLINE FOR Applications
Applicants are required to create their personal account and fill in the profile form with his/her personal
Details in WFP Career Web. Site through the links provided below.
Applicants must ensure filling the mandatory sections attaching the CV, answer the quest ions and agree on legal statement prior to submitting the application
External applicants - Interested external applicants can apply on WFP Career Site:
Internal Applicants interested internal applicants can apply through the E-recruitment tool: Learning management system www.Ims.wfp.org
Applicants may apply using LinkedIn profile (if available)
Qualified female applicant are strongly encouraged to apply